A collection of techniques that help human reproduction in those cases in which one of the members of the couple, or both, present problems with sterility or infertility.
These techniques include, among others, artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization with subsequent transfer of embryos into the uterus.
Dr Miguel Ferrer Gispert’s team offers the following techniques in Assisted Reproduction:
- Artificial Insemination from the couple.
- Artificial Insemination from a donor.
- Gestation in lesbian couples: Insemination with sperm from a sperm bank or ROPA (Reception of Oocytes from Partner).
- In Vitro-ICSI Fertilization (intracytoplasmic sperm injection).
- IMSI: sperm selection at high magnification, which supposes an improvement in the results of IVF.
- Embryoscope: innovative embryo incubation system that offers a better selection of embryo.
- PGD: Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis for chromosomal analysis of embryos prior to placing them in the mother’s womb.
- ROD: Reception of Donor Oocytes.
- RED: Receiving bank embryos or so called “embryo adoption".
- Freezing eggs or cryopreservation without fertility for in the future.
- Complete Semen Analysis
- REM (Recovery of Mobile Sperm)
- Spermatozoa freezing
- Semen Bank
- FISH (Fluorescent in-situ Hybridization)
- Testicular Biopsy
- Spermatozoid extraction from the testicles
- TESE (Testicular Sperm Extraction) with or without epididymis MESA (Microscopic Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
- Assisted Hatching
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) of the embryo
- Selection of sex (if there is medical necessity)
- Blastocyst culture
- Embryo freezing
- Seminal PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) of HIV+ patients with or without Hepatitis C
- Specialized Genetic consultation on hereditary and transmissible diseases
- IMSI (Intracytoplasmic Morphologically selected Sperm Injection)
- Annexin V columns
- PAR (Partner Assisted Reproduction
We take great care with the application of the techniques of assisted reproduction when they need to be carried out. From diagnosis and counseling to complementary tests and treatment, we attend to cases of sterility and/or infertility in a very individualized way.